Sunday, January 25, 2009

Seeing upside down 2 (acrylic/chalk/tree bark)

Seriously, what do your eyes say about this piece of work?

Hmm, an interesting landscape?
A more unique perspective?
What a sense of texture?
Is it real?
or abstract?

Well, that 'feel' you may have is real
but the visual is an accident.

One day, while cycling in the park, I came upon some fallen tree barks. After some hesitation, I took them back for my latest landscape creation.
I saw the barks, arranged and rearranged. Then painted the distant perspective.I wanted to capture that 'feel' I had at the pai yun ting in the yellow mountain (china).
So, the barks, with textural pattern, turn into rugged rock surface. That piece of huge rock at the bottom left (of the previous entry, dated 24 Jan) is where visitors stand and the moving mist/cloud just split into two directions.

Yes, I'm talking about the previous work because that was the original creation. But before I glued the barks, I turned the painted landscape upside down.
I had a totally different feel -- this one here.

Do you feel or see what I feel and see?

No comments: